About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Sunday 24 October 2010

GRANDMA'S GIFT

About 44 years ago my Grandmother bought a then normal set of drawers when my sister was born. These drawers used dovetail joints and real wood. They stood the test of time until I was born, when as we shared a room we shared the drawers.
Over time they were painted in various colours and when I left home I inherited them. When my son was born they were made to match his nursery and as he grew were decorated with his own hand prints. And still they stood steadfast and sturdy as other 'build it yourself' drawers came and went to the big drawer in the sky.
Despite the travels of a now military family set of drawers they remained intact.
Now once again they have a new identity and have passed along to my daughter, this time with patch work decorpage and handknit handles....who knows what their next incarnation will be, but no doubt at this rate they will pass on to the next generation



1 comment:

Greedy Nan said...

Loving the handles. What an original idea.