About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Saturday 9 May 2009

'AMALGAMATION'

...This dress was an amalgamation of new and previous ideas between my friend Iza and myself. It uses Polish Linen cut on the bias and huge mohair (Charity shop buy a few years ago, and been sitting in a box asking to be used ever since) crochet Irish roses, mixed with net and recycled feathers...
...it was difficult to make the roses big enough to have textural impact without being too heavy, not sure if this was achieved. As one project very often leads to another, I am now working on new items based on this idea.
The dress was called 'Monet' because it reminded me of his famous poppy painting. (A painting I grew up with on my mums wall, which I looked into everyday to find new things)...
Overall an altogether cosmopolitan dress! with Yorkshire, Polish and Irish connections in its making. Enquiries for purchase of this item or similar can be made through http://www.ustrendy.com/angel-hattons-quirky-little-knits/
....I will be launching my designs at the forth coming Twisted Thread, Knit & stitch shows 2009.http://www.twistedthread.com/pages/exhibitions/listExhibitions.aspx


No comments: