About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Friday 8 May 2009

LEEDS FASHION SHOW 2008

Next steps!...After graduation I became involved with Leeds fashion Show and showed an 'amalgamated' collection with my friend and peer Iza Antczak under the name Antczak&Hatton....
...It was amazing to see how easy it was to combine two previous collections together with the help of some crochet!...

...we mixed her whites with my flesh and navy colours to create a fresh new collection...


.... at the show we created our first showcase stall which featured knit and crochet samples and new items which were a collaboration ( to be seen on next post)....I am in liason with the show organisers to show at Leeds Fashion show 09 with an individual collection under the name of Angel Hatton's Quirky Little Knits, this would involve a younger client profile and closer to off the peg designs...
....I will be launching my designs at the forth coming Twisted Thread, Knit & stitch shows 2009.http://www.twistedthread.com/pages/exhibitions/listExhibitions.aspx




No comments: