About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Friday 26 June 2009

ROWAN COMPETITION DRESS UPDATE

...Finally finished 'After Dolly' vintage eco dress. In relation to a previous post, this dress has been produced for a competition run by Rowan yarns and 'Knitting' magazine...
...I am one of three finalists; I now need to copy up the written pattern and grade it into several sizes...this wiil no doubt take hours and hours.....

...crochet and knit combined edging in both 4ply and D.k. : the final edge uses heart shaped crochet on a 3.5 hook.



...back ruffle neck details with Rowan 'Shimmer' edging and Purelife organic cotton which is dyed naturally....



....button fastening detailing.......this pattern is under consideration to be available direct from me at 'The Twisted Thread' shows at Alexandar Palace, 8th-11th- October 2009. You can find me 'Quirky Little Knits' in the Resource centre, stand RCC11....look forward to seeing you x




1 comment:

harun* said...

kawaii!!!!(so-cute)
Thank you so much,
I can read(look) your wonderful work.