About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Thursday 15 October 2009

A COMFY CUSHION...

Solution to comfort at the Knitting and Stitching show. This little pink cushion ended up being a godsend whilst I was working/demonstrating at my stand. A long time ago (aged 21!) I decided it was a really good idea to jump off a 30-40ft cliff in Negril, Jamaica, despite a sign saying 'Cliff jumping can cause serious and permanent damage. Result was damaged nerves in my back.....
so if I have been on a knitting marathon to complete a project this old injury starts to ache and hurt. I have a planned furniture project for my apartment next year of creating a huge scale chaise longue covered in big scaled cable. So this was an excellent opportunity to create something to ease my back and test drive some cable patterns.
The cable used a twisted bobble version with a heart motif set into the middle...
For some reason the first motif stitch count was not quite right but I managed to camouflage this with some crochet flowers (at least the colour scheme matched my stand) shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anybody!
What I didn't expect was the amount of visitors commenting on my little cushion which was not really intended to be a example of my work!
I created the cover by forming a T shape which was then sewn into place.

No comments: