About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Tuesday 6 October 2009

A FAVOURITE TRUSTY PAIR OF SHOES...

Finally this summer my favourite pair of wedge gold sandals came to the stage of needing to meet the big shoemaker in the sky. We had been together through many adventures including Tomb and Pyramid exploring in Egypt and hiking in Spain....they don't look that comfortable I know! but they are....may sound crazy but these are my comfortable good walking shoes! I have strange feet...trainers and walking boots can cause havoc with my feet but these have been fabulous, but since the leather straps stretched to within an inch of their life...they became too big for me...hence my reluctance to say goodbye

...and hey presto NEW SHOES! my main aim to solve the problem of the too big straps...cover them and they become tighter.

I covered the main straps in a chain crochet, wrap around recycled mohair. the centre point problem was solved with flower detailing...

The wedge bit ( Funny but loved the gold bits but was never too keen on the cork sides) was treated to crochet texture....


Top front view showing how the fastening has been left untreated to allow for easy fastening still....


...close up view of the 'Astrakhan' stitch crochet sides.




These shoes have inspired me to feature these at my exhibition this week at Alexandra Palace, London, offering a 'love old shoe' revamp service...just wish I had time to get dad to build an art plinth to display them on...oh well maybe at the Harrogate show in November...!!!






No comments: