About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Wednesday 14 October 2009

MARKETING OUTFIT WORN AT RECENT SHOW

So when I was offered a free T-shirt to match my business cards, my mind was thinking 'mmmmm possible walking advertisement at the knitting and stitching show!' What I didn't expect was it to arrive 2 days before the show in size large instead of the size small I needed!
Results are a quick think on my feet alteration. The sides had to be over locked chopping off half a t-shirt! but as with any alteration job it's just not that simple......
...with too big width comes too big shoulders, sleeves and neckline. Solution: shaped chopped sleeves, pleated shoulders and pleated folded over neckline.
To add a little quirkiness! I used one of my sample crochet flower brooches to one of the shoulders.
I teamed it with a Eco-linen skirt which is a different version of one of my dress skirts. It also features crochet textured flowers in yarn remnants.
The T-shirt has a bigger than I expected 'Quirky Little Knits' motif which was a good thing...I was a self walking advertisement. One of the nicest things a visitor said was 'You are the loveliest thing I have seen all day'

No comments: