About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Monday 10 August 2009

NEW KNITTED SWATCH/SAMPLE


...Latest swatch sample in Rowan milk yarn with bamboo trim. This new sample is for my 'After...' series collection. After Kate (Kate Moss) will be a A-line tea dress using the cable to curve round the chest and the pleats to float over the stomach area.

Roses and leaves trim the lower edge with leaves, roses and crochet decorating the bib chest area.

(bamboo yarn leaf in progress on bamboo needles!)


(close up of bib area)



...After Kate sample being worn on the stand to represent how the different patterns work on the body.
Sample is one of many to be seen at the forth coming knit and stitch events run by Twisted Thread.




No comments: