About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Friday 7 August 2009

YAY! I WON I WON I WON!

Following on from my previous post for 'knittting' magazines vintage competition in Rowan yarns, I was contacted a few days ago to let me know that I had won! ( http://angelhatton-quirkylittleknits.blogspot.com/2009/06/rowan-competition-dress-update.html )
Katy Evans the assistant editor said "the dress was amazing and we at Knitting and everyone at Rowan was in agreement" (Quote).

...as the winner I have a upcoming feature in knitting magazine and £100 of Rowan yarns.


.....as a person who has no luck in competitions this is a biggy! but mostly I am excited that I will get my work in print and in a U.K leading magazine. ( http://www.thegmcgroup.com/item--Knitting-Magazine--1009KM.html#quicklink )



...hopefully I will be in a position to display this dress at my stand at the twisted thread shows 8th October to 11th October. ;)




No comments: