About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Sunday 23 August 2009

MOSH-N-TOSH SWATCH


(Sleeve in Rowan Milk cotton without pvc covering)

...This is my finished sampling of an idea to make a waterproof crochet mackintosh, inspired by festival goers and the link to fashion trends. Hence the name the 'Mosh-n-Tosh' (Mosh pit!). I intend to have a full sample garment on display at the up coming Twisted thread shows. I might even get to wear one myself at Glastonbury next year.

...The crochet is sandwiched together between 2 sheets of fabric pvc and joined with interlinking crochet, to form the silhouttee. Ideas are to make reverseable ones, ones with matching dresses and ones with lined backed crochet to help emphasize the crochet and ensure that the undergarments do not detract from the pattern.

(Closeup of the crochet sandwich)


...This is just a prototype where the silhouette was just a means to an end, more appropriate on trend shapes will be made for the full size.



No comments: