About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Tuesday 18 August 2009

TOO MUCH IN THE PIPELINE!

...after several days in Yorkshire with my mum (lovely watching the kids play in the sea) I don't seem to have completed any projects but instead have a number on the go at once with no end in sight. Mum and Dad bless them yet again spent time winding my skeins in to usable balls of yarn. This piece in black cotton is another work in progress for the label Bettyb. It is a crochet A-line dress, in a open work pattern which gave me ideas to combine with other stitches to create my own stitch, details below.
....this is my work so far on my cable sample! LOL all 3 rows of it. Typical since this sample is one of many needed to decide on a work for myself. As usual I never seem to get a chance at creating items for me. The cable will be a twist with bobbles with a bobble formed heart rep. in the middle. These cable samples are the beginnings of an idea for a giant chaise longue style piece of furniture which will be covered in very dense cable knitting removable covers. I have begun with this pale pink but think I will end up using an electric pink for impact. I need to experiement more with thick yarns and double strands to form a very textured piece.

....beginnings of my sample for my 'Mosh-n-tosh 'idea. Based on the mosh pit at festivals and the nearly always rain based days of blighty! Certain Celebs have been seen using these venues as a launch pad for style trends, so why not take knit along to help spread the word. My design involves sandwiching together clear pvc fabric with the crochet (Reversable) to make an unusal yet practical raincoat. A little knitted/crochet dress with wellies can be worn underneath. In my design it is being worn with the 'After Kate...' dress (As in Kate Moss) Hopefully I should finish this sample today.
Following on from the Bettyb crochet dress, here I have used my own new amalgamated stitch...think I might call it the Betty Bridge stitch if she doesn't mind.


.....Finally look what I found! vintage Wendy YOYo yarn. I remember working with this yarn about 20 years ago and loved it, I had a pink hoody (LOL long b4 hoddies were on trend!) with a long zip which I wore until it dropped. I found this on Ebay and intend to make a short open backed dress/top with ruffled knicker/shorts for my 'After Dita...' design. This along with 'After Farrah...' will complete the 'After...' collection.



No comments: