About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Wednesday 2 September 2009

MARKETING! is the cost productive? that is the question

Hello! I am back from visiting Alison in Sweden (See knits and pearls blogspot) Had many a knitting/crochet session, natter on her porch and even attending her first own organised knit cafe. Well done you! hugs x. Have been working on several projects there and since which should be in completion in the next week, so blogs aplenty to follow.
....Today I have been working on my marketing for the launch of my designs at the Twisted thread knit and stitch events. Firstly 8th-11th October at Alex. Palace, London Resource centre Stand Rcc11, Just look for the Quirky little knits sign. I will be offering some voucher discounts.

..These images show some of my postcard and notecard ideas and I am in the process of designing these with decisions to be made on final outcomes.. Funds are limited and I need to work out cost versus sale value, versus marketing benefits.


...Also today I had a meeting for taking some tutoring/lesson plan workshops at a new upcoming business in Bath, U.K. This is called 'The Makery' which is a shop/workshop/online based venture, based on the new on trend (Lol what my family and I have naturally done all our lives!) of 'make do and mend'. Workshops will be based on recycling and eco-based, in a range of concepts from gardening, chicken rearing! clothing and fun hen parties, to name but a few. 'The Makery' launches in a few weeks time. More details and links to follow as things progress.



...The low down being that I will at this stage be taking workshops in possibly recycled knitted jewelry, changeling garments, accessories and mixed media art and life drawing lessons. Lol The hen party naked man life drawing sounds erm interesting! Can't wait! I have been training for this position all my life! x




No comments: