About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Wednesday 8 April 2009

2004 CAME WITH LOTS OF CHANGE

In 2004 Grandma passed away, she was 98. It made me think a lot. Only 2 months later I found out my son had Aspergers Syndrome and I also separated from my husband......All this makes a girl think! I began to paint and draw again after a very long time and also writing poems.


One of which was about my children;



Cosmic Kids


With her smile
The world awakens.
A contender for the blazing sun.
The beams of light
Repel the hatred,
Without her help I'd come undone.

I can feel the heat
Shinning through from her upturned face,
Even in the blinding dark.
With her pen she fills the paper,
A two-year-old packed out with colour.
I hope one day
Upon the world she'll make her mark.

With his eyes
The mischief gleams.
Twinkling orbs of bright full moons.
The beams of light
Repel the loneliness,
Without his help there'd be no tune.

I can feel the love
Suffocating from his upturned face,
Even through his frustrated tears.
With his energy he fills the world,
A six-year-old packed with imagination.
I hope one day
With trust and care he'll loose his fears.

My daughter; my Sun,
My son; my Moon,
A twosome of sparkling stars.

Angel Hatton 2004

No comments: