About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Wednesday 8 April 2009

TODAY IS BUSY, BUSY, BUSY....Winghamwools

(Today's project is to progress in my swatch samples for my Vintage Eco starlets collection, made from milk yarn . This one is entitled 'After Marilyn')

Today I travel to Yorkshire...to mums, no matter how long I am left it still feels like the journey home.....with me I am taking lots of projects and going with the intention of research. There is a lovely little place at Wentworth, where you can purchase environmentally friendly fibres such as soya and camel and even recycled plastic bottles, I am hopeing that this time they will spin and dye for me.

I also need her to help me ball up a skein of beautiful Thai silk I purchased which is very fine and should make fabulous bridal lace when crochet up.



Ok time to get on the road...

1 comment:

https://indoorplantspotsanddoilies.blogspot.com/ said...

I like the booby details, very delicate, very you;-)