About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Tuesday 28 April 2009

THE POM-POM PROJECT


My good friend Alison introduced me to a fabulous project being generated through Flickr. The rules are to make a woolley more than 6 inch pom-pom and take photographs of it tagging places. In the Autumn there will be an exhibition of the pom poms all together hanging from trees in Bournemouth, UK.
I decided to have some fun and use film titles as my inspiration. The upper image was entitled
'Fatal Attraction' and the lower image 'Gridlock'
Other titles I used were 'The Italian Job' and 'Sweeney Todd' these involved tomato ketchup and pom poms made from spaghetti!
Please come visit the pom poms in Bournemouth.
....I will be launching my designs at the forth coming Twisted Thread, Knit & stitch shows 2009.http://www.twistedthread.com/pages/exhibitions/listExhibitions.aspx


No comments: