About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Tuesday 7 April 2009

GRANDMAS INFLUENCE


(My inherited knitting equipment)

......It didn't take long for me to get on the design wagon, by age 10 I had designed my own intarsia 'Danger mouse' scarf as a gift for my cousin (there was always knitting going on in our house with my Grandma, my mum , sister and me), after college I begun taking on commission work from local yarn shops before I moved to Germany. This is where I really got into knit in a big way, I worked in a knitting and craft shop and loved every minute of it. I designed, taught and took on commissions, sometimes altering patterns to specific needs. I also sold some of my other arts and crafts......when I had to leave, due to a military posting I never found another job like it....so when it came to 2004 and I saw an advert in the local paper for a job as a knitwear designer at Sirdar yarns, I knew I needed that degree.



No comments: