About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Monday 20 April 2009

U.K. KNITTED TEXTILE AWARDS

After graduation I entered the U.K Knitted textile awards and was chosen to be a finalist at the twisted thread exhibitions. The garments I choose for the touring exhibition are shown in the images. I won the free place at the exhibitions at Alexandar Palace, London, The N.E.C, Birmingham and The show ground, Harrogate, along with a years subscription to Knitting magazine (please click on the link opposite stating Finalist......)-( or click on the title link)
Evening dress showcasing my skills in hand knit, crochet and industrial and domestic machine knit. Along with wovens. This dress was sold to a lovely lady in the states to be worn on New Years Eve 2008.




Hand crochet back detail cocktail dress, still in my possession and in consideration to be shown again on my own stand at the Twisted Thread shows 2009, along with many new works.



My favourite piece, now sold, again to somebody in the U.S, to be worn at christmas.










No comments: