About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Tuesday 29 September 2009

KITS FOR KNITTED/CROCHET BROOCHES & BRACELETS

Wow! well it has taken some time but my first kits are all finished.....there are 2 types; one for knitted/crochet bracelets and the other for knitted/crochet flower brooches. They contain various versions and different patterns written by myself. This image is of the knitted petal/ leaf pattern and below is the crochet petal/leaf version.
...these kits were designed for my stand at Alexandra Palace, London 8th-11th October at the Knitting and Stitching show (Tickets available at twisted thread)
Originally I was going to delay this type of product but since I will be working at 'The Makery', Bath, U.K. taking workshops and providing kits, this was a very good chance to test drive them.
...Both kits include deadstock or remnant yarns and printed instructions for a large variety of patterns. The bracelet includes the recycled cardboard tube for the bracelet skeleton and the brooch, 2 brooch pins (Placed securely in a handmade little envelope). The yarn left-overs were wound into balls and my own bands placed around them (The bands make no claim to the yarn however!)
...So only time will tell what reaction these little kits will have.....initially retailing at a discount price, to allow for responses to the patterns and ideas which are contained.
...pre-made versions from the kits will also be on view and to buy at the exhibition and at 'The Makery'.

No comments: