About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Friday 11 September 2009

YET MORE ECO CROCHET JEWELLRY!

This is a one-off necklace which started life as a crochet trim for a knitted panelled top, which has been discarded. The trim was made from Rowan Lenpur linen and Debbie Bliss 100% pure silk , both double knits.
(View of necklace worn high on the neckline)
Loops and discs were formed in crochet in a totally free-form random fashion, whilst trying to keep the balance of colour and weight.

(close up of loops and discs)
The necklace uses no other materials other than natural yarns which are left over end of yarn skein/balls.


(This is one of my display mannequins for my stand at The knit and stitch show in October....I have left the plastic covers on to help protect them until then, but loving the refective photographic results at the minute)
The necklace been worn at normal length with natural fall of the crochet textures. The 'chain' part is made from chains and doubles and is long enough to slip over the head, to eliminate the need for fastenings.


Full length version with side style view.




Chocker style wearing with main texture being worn at the side (To shorten the length a slip knot is simply tied in the crochet chain once pulled over the head)





This is a close up view of one of the Lenpur Linen discs whilst in construction.






No comments: