About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Thursday 17 September 2009

'SHABBY CHIC JEWELRY' crochet of course!

Crochet Brooch through the eye of a fish! This image is a play on focus, of a crochet brooch, hung on my 'Shabby Chic' garment rail. It was playing with focus, where the background became the focal point not the foreground item. It is then digitally worked.
Left over yarns in flower and disc shapes are sculptured in random one-off brooches....
...in time to be on sale at The Twisted Thread show. Not sure about this one, I like the idea of adding in recycled ribbon but I think it creates a horse show rosette!
...this image is again playing with focus, with the aim being on the left hand back petal, instead of the obvious foreground...
....I intend to display these brooches and other like them in my 'Shabby Chic' flower vase, with the brooch pins, pinned onto the ends of knitting needles to form a flower arrangement.
This one features a medley of yarns, which is at last the last of my pink cotton (a yarn which seems to have been endless for the last few years and is indeed recycled from a huge coat cardigan which because it was for me, was never finished!)





No comments: