About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Thursday 10 September 2009

NEW CROCHET VINTAGE DRESS FOR BETTYB LABEL

Todays finished work is another commission piece for the Bettyb label (On sale at Mensah boutique, Portobella Road, London). It is made from vintage black cotton double knit. The pattern is also a vintage pattern but was designed in childrens sizes, so the task was to grade and alter into a ladies industry standard size 12 (U.K.) as a sample garment.
...The skirt part is worked up to the waist and then shaped, the crochet pattern then changes in a cluster pattern.

.... the waist is held in with a chain and double stitch belt which has a 3 loop styling at either end.


....I am playing with light on crochet patterns at the moment and I like this type of photography which plays with focus. the lens was trying to peep through the open stitches to view the other side. (Would work much better with a quality camera)



... the original vintage pattern did not have pockets. So this was part of a pattern write, as Bettyb label tends to have a in-seam pocket signature.




No comments: