About Me

My photo
I am a gypsy! having been born and raised in Yorkshire, England I left at 21 and lived in many places including Germany for 5 years. This resulted in my always striving to move on to the next level of my life. The one thing that remained constant is my need to create. Eventually I went back to university and graduated with a first class honours degree in fashion and textiles majoring in knitwear design. I am now back in Yorkshire and a professional in-house hand knit designer for a well known UK pattern and yarn company.

Friday 18 September 2009

SKETCHBOOK PREP TO DISPLAY DESIGN SKETCHES AT THE KNIT & STITCH

This is my solution to 'How do I show my sketch work when they are in a old battered, falling apart, travel everywhere with me notebook?'......Since my exhibition stand has evolved into a retro, vintage look, I found this lovely Cath Kidson fabric (Love Cath Kidson prints;even saw a mobile phone designed with her patterns)
...next ingredient, is this plain photograph album...
...result is a 'Shabby Chic' sketchbook. Here I have added my labels which are to be on my garments; the labels are a mix of my logo, a parchment craft label which represents the knitwear and a hand-made mini card (Will have the fibre content and price written on)....all of which are held in place by my 'Quirky little knits' badge, with teeney weeney written blogspot address.
...inside the pages were as you would expect, but this is what I was looking for. The pages provide an area to make written annotations.
....example of the sketches which need to be placed inside the new sketchbook.
....vintage style papers are torn and placed underneath the sketches to help make them stand away from the flat cream pages.





No comments: